Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Hateful Printer, we almost used

So over the course of getting these jerseys I've been dealing with this printer that Alexia found. Since he was recommended by a union shop I thought I'd ask if he was a union printer. That's a perfectly reasonable question.

His initial response:
"No, I'm not union. But I charge more than union scale. How do you like me now?"

My response to him:
"If you can get our shirts done in time I'll love you like a brother. I was just curious. If you were union I was going to see about getting a union bug on the back...not a big deal, just curious."

Later after offering a quote that was 16 dollars per shirt higher than the Rockville quote I indicated that we would be using a different vendor. He'd suggested that I look for other vendors since the time crunch we were under was severe.

My email:
At your suggestion we've looked at other printers. we were not going to be able to get the shirts to you today, and therefore probably wouldn't get them in time for the tournament. We're going to go with a printer in Rockville who will be able to turn them around for us in time for Sectionals.

Sorry for the trouble.

Best,
Aaron


And then he goes crazy. This guy is a little unhinged, and certainly overly angry.
"Your welcome for wasting my time. Best wishes with the printer in Rockville. I'm certain you will not be satisfied with the end result. "Under Armour" polyester / elastane blend shirts are extremely difficult to image properly. Maybe that's why the UA logo is universally thermally imaged?

Also, have you ever seen any commercially available Under Armour polyester / elastane shirt screen printed? If not I wonder why?

Cheers

Paul

p.s. you welcome for any useful knowledge you may have gained throughout the correspondence"


Fun, fun fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home