Saturday, October 01, 2005

Thanks

I moved here just a few months ago, and I wanted to find *a* team. Somewhere to play and get better. I already had a bunch of friends, making new ones was a benefit but certainly not a goal.

And then I bumped (quite randomly) into Paul at Poultry Days and he gave me his business card and told me about a team called Nasty. Sounded good, so I came out.

I needed this team more than I knew. I needed a place to be silly, and sincere. A place where I could get better learning from others. For the record that's one of my favorite things about this team, anyone on our team feels comfortable coming up to me and correcting a flawed cut, or suggestions a better approach.

I needed a place to play and people to play with. And that's what this is, it's play. And I use the word play in all its forms. A place where I could be nearly (or exactly) childlike for a few hours a week. I am so deeply grateful to the people who have made this team what it is. It's a good place for me, and for that I am thankful and fortunate.

Go.Team.Intensity.
Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home